NOAA’s GOES-R looks at a bruised continent yesterday. Smoke from fires in the west. 3 hurricanes in the east. Not shown: earthquake in Mexico. DPRK missiles.
- Unidentified USAF aircraft crashes on the Nevada Test Range. Possible classified project?
- “Some Crypto-Capitalists Just Want to See the World Burn.”
- “The Hippie-Capitalist CEO Who Wants to Win a Nobel Prize With Sober Raves.”
- “Rental Camera Gear Destroyed by the Solar Eclipse of 2017.”
- “The robots will run the CIA, too.”
- “How Canada tricked the world into believing murderous Satanists were everywhere.”
- “Between 2008 and 2012, a vast lake in Phnom Penh was made to vanish. The resulting protests changed Cambodia.”
- “Inside Superstar Machine, Which Ex-Members Say Is a Cult Preying on New York’s Creative Women.” And inevitably, “Lawyer who sued Gawker and Techdirt has a new target: Jezebel“.
- “Why are there so many knobs in GarageBand?“
- Has the Voynich Manuscript finally been decoded? Magic 8-Ball says, outlook good.
- Solid detective work in tracking down faulty eclipse glasses.