I still haven’t found a way to extract my Last.FM data in such a way to give me Most Listened to Albums by Year of Release, but as I was preparing another yearly infodump I suddenly realized… duh, why not make a one hour mix? At least something a little more than just a Spotify playlist, so here you go.
One of my long term projects has been to get a regular podcast going (yeah yeah, I can hear the “guh, not another one!” contempt already), so consider it episode number one. For now, I’m using Mixcloud as the host, but once I get my storage and bandwidth situation worked out there will be a RSS feed for a direct download.
By the way, there was much more from 2012 I liked than could be crammed into a hour, so it more a reflection of my current state of mind than anything representative of the year.
- The Brian Jonestown Massacre – “Seven Kinds of Wonderful”
- The Vandelles – “All Aloha”
- Savages – “Flying To Berlin”
- Moonbell – “Still Motion”
- Steve Moore – “Dawn Of Primordial Life”
- All India Radio – “Tomorrowland”
- Marie-Pierre Arthur – “À partir de maintenant”
- School of Seven Bells – “When You Sing”
- Brother Sun, Sister Moon – “All You Need”
- Jessica Bailiff – “Take Me to the Sun (So Warm, So Ready)”
- Allah-Las – “Tell Me (What’s On Your Mind)”
- Flavor Crystals – “Broadcaster”
- Persephone’s Bees – “We’ve Just Begun”
- The Hives – “Insane”