Me Me Me
- RT @cmonstah: Attention, Trustafarians: The Marina Abramovic Institute is hiring. And they don't pay a red cent. http://t.co/Vf9qsThw4X 3 hours ago
- RT @atlasobscura: The largest dune field in the Mojave (http://t.co/AYaL0OglIX) offers a chance to hear the "singing sands" (http://t.co/DV… 17 hours ago
- @highway_62 Kickstarter to get Mann's movie about Ford vs. Ferrari at Le Mans 1967 moved off the backburner. 18 hours ago
- @Holy_Mountain @kalebhorton Have actually met Devane - he was filming a movie at my high school. 18 hours ago
- RT @karenmcgrane: “He also suggests that United serialize the [in-flight safety] video — so that Millennials will binge-watch it.” http://t… 19 hours ago
There have been rumors of a full-fledged Faces reunion for a long time now, and I think Rod Stewart has been talking about it again. Seems like a bad idea! Not only is Ronnie Lane long gone, but the remaining (and sober) Faces could never conjure up the magic of their gloriously drunken prime. Here’s a show from right at the beginning, October 28, 1970, at the Fillmore West that fully demonstrates that magic. It’s so early, in fact, that Bill Graham introduces them as the Small Faces. Nothing small about them here, though, they sound positively gigantic. The band starts things off with a slow burner, “Devotion,” but mainly they just do the full-tilt boogie for the remainder of the set. One thing that strikes me here is how absolutely awesome a guitar player Ronnie Wood used to be — check him out on the stomping “Around The Plynth” or the righteously chooglin’ “You’re My Girl.” Anyway, this is an extremely fun gig, classic rock at its finest.
Holy cats this is terrific!
The unlikely line-up of Pete Townshend, Mick Karn, Midge Ure, and Phil Collins kill it here.
- Untitled (http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/sing-with-the-sands) 17 hours ago
- Untitled (http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/kelso-dunes) 17 hours ago
- United: How the safety video got entertaining 19 hours ago
- [TW: harassment, threats, stalking, violence,... - People of Color in European Art History 2014/07/31
- Twitter / PistonHeads: How to drift, courtesy of your ... 2014/07/30
- Chris Harris video: drift school - PistonHeads 2014/07/30
- Mr. T's Bowl, Highland Park's Last Live Music Venue, Is Getting a Makeover | West Coast Sound | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly 2014/07/30
- Humphreys & Keen 2014/07/30
- Quartz City – 1962 CDR 700 Go! 2014/07/30
- LIVE: Water main break floods UCLA campus - LA Times 2014/07/29
- Quartz City – 1967 CDR 700 Go! 2014/07/29
- A Population of Fast Radio Bursts at Cosmological Distances 2014/07/29
- Scientists ‘Have No Handle On’ Radio Bursts Coming From Deep Space « CBS Tampa 2014/07/29
- ''the monks '' - monk chant / how to do now - beatclub 17/7/66. - YouTube 2014/07/28
- Alison Martino's "Vintage Los Angeles" 2014/07/28