I believe I’ve said this before but the best way to fight spam, whether it’s email spam, comment spam, or trackback spam, is to shut down your server for a couple days. Take that!
Me Me Me
- RT @LexLand: L.A.! Surprise! I'm playing a FREE solo show tomorrow night in Los Feliz at Bigfoot Lodge. Be there or I won't see you til 201… 14 hours ago
- RT @evacide: Medieval POC, a tumblr devoted to showing POC in medieval art history, gets crazy racist harassment. Srsly. http://t.co/F0j3X4… 14 hours ago
- RT @PistonHeads: How to drift, courtesy of your teacher @HarrisMonkey... http://t.co/ViaFkIKYGf http://t.co/IIxrb5NZHG 19 hours ago
- Sigh... RT @LAWeeklyMusic: Mr. T's Bowl, Highland Park's Last Live Music Venue, Is Getting a Makeover http://t.co/QxBtpTi53R 21 hours ago
- RT @CloudsThe: The Clouds want to do a Brisbane show around Oct, Nov. Any suggestions for venues? Jul 30, 2014
There have been rumors of a full-fledged Faces reunion for a long time now, and I think Rod Stewart has been talking about it again. Seems like a bad idea! Not only is Ronnie Lane long gone, but the remaining (and sober) Faces could never conjure up the magic of their gloriously drunken prime. Here’s a show from right at the beginning, October 28, 1970, at the Fillmore West that fully demonstrates that magic. It’s so early, in fact, that Bill Graham introduces them as the Small Faces. Nothing small about them here, though, they sound positively gigantic. The band starts things off with a slow burner, “Devotion,” but mainly they just do the full-tilt boogie for the remainder of the set. One thing that strikes me here is how absolutely awesome a guitar player Ronnie Wood used to be — check him out on the stomping “Around The Plynth” or the righteously chooglin’ “You’re My Girl.” Anyway, this is an extremely fun gig, classic rock at its finest.
Holy cats this is terrific!
The unlikely line-up of Pete Townshend, Mick Karn, Midge Ure, and Phil Collins kill it here.
- [TW: harassment, threats, stalking, violence,... - People of Color in European Art History 14 hours ago
- Twitter / PistonHeads: How to drift, courtesy of your ... 19 hours ago
- Chris Harris video: drift school - PistonHeads 19 hours ago
- Mr. T's Bowl, Highland Park's Last Live Music Venue, Is Getting a Makeover | West Coast Sound | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly 21 hours ago
- Humphreys & Keen 2014/07/30
- Quartz City – 1962 CDR 700 Go! 2014/07/30
- LIVE: Water main break floods UCLA campus - LA Times 2014/07/29
- Quartz City – 1967 CDR 700 Go! 2014/07/29
- A Population of Fast Radio Bursts at Cosmological Distances 2014/07/29
- Scientists ‘Have No Handle On’ Radio Bursts Coming From Deep Space « CBS Tampa 2014/07/29
- ''the monks '' - monk chant / how to do now - beatclub 17/7/66. - YouTube 2014/07/28
- Alison Martino's "Vintage Los Angeles" 2014/07/28
- Buzzfeed staffer who claimed Pentagon sources threatened to kill Snowden is fired for dishonesty | PandoDaily 2014/07/27
- Twitter / JournalismPics: : #burbank #downtownburbankcar ... 2014/07/27
- Twitter / quartzcity: 808: The Number of the Beat. ... 2014/07/26